Sunday, March 19, 2017

KICKSTARTER FOR KUBRICK-INSPIRED "BLACK HOLES"


There are EIGHT DAYS LEFT to help Noodles Studio achieve their dream of bringing to market their beautifully animated adult-oriented space comedy series BLACK HOLES, which is the story of a Mars-bound astronaut teamed up with a sentient melon who drives him to the brink of insanity.

With a goal of $100,000, they're close to getting there, with nearly $80,000 already pledged! And with Kubrick references aplenty, I figure there should be at least a few fans of Stanley's work who would be willing to pony up a couple bucks to see this thing come to fruition (no pun intended)... and to score the nifty rewards!

Here's a 12 minute Proof of Concept video to whet the appetite, where the animators show off their substantial chops:


Tell you what... if I hadn't already exhausted my monthly Kickstarter budget, I'd be all over this one like stink on dookie. Some of the rewards are downright fantastic. And I'm not being paid to write this, nor do I know the people involved. I'm just impressed and delighted by the results of their obviously deep obsession with artistic perfection.

So come on, my fellow Kubrick nuts! Click on over to Kickstarter and check out this delightful little confection that I'm pretty sure would have put a big ol' smile on Stanley's face. And while you're there, if the spirit (or the promise of a beautiful 3D-printed character sculpt) should move you... help them reach their goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment